You’ve seen the movies, heard the stories, even watched the competitions, and now you’re heading for Hawaii. Should you or shouldn’t you? Simple answer: Go for it! Learn to surf from the ultimate Oahu surfing authority, the Hans Hedemann Surf School.
The school, founded in 1980 by renowned Hawaiian surfer Hans Hedemann, will teach you how to surf, stand up paddle board (SUP) or body board; whatever your heart desires. Whether you want to hang at Waikiki or head for Turtle Bay on the legendary North Shore they’ve got you covered.
All lessons for surfing, SUP and body boarding are offered group style with the beginner in mind, while a semi-private lesson is ideal for a family, couple or a few friends who would like a single instructor all to themselves. Private lessons are recommended for children under 14 or for anyone who would like the added benefit that a one-on-one session can provide.
“My 8 year old son, 10 year old daughter and I attended 3 days of the surfing and paddle board lessons.” “I really appreciated the coaches willingness and patience to work with my young son as he became more comfortable out there. It was great fun!!!!!”
– Michael W. November 2015 on Tripadvisor
Learn to surf from a Pro!
If learning the way of the waves from a professional who has been on the circuit is what you’re after, book your exclusive surfing lesson with Seth Elmer! And if you would like to learn from a pro who has taught actors how to ride the waves, in addition to having appeared in surfing movies himself, let Hans Hedemann, in person, pick the best spot for the day and guide you into and across the waves for a once in a lifetime experience!
“My first time surfing was a fantastic experience 1-1 surfing with instructor…” “Pay a little more, but worth every penny. You will be surfing by the 3rd wave…”
– Carlton_Tampa, November 2015 on Tripadvisor
Perhaps there is more to your Hawaiian dream.
If experiencing the beauty of Oahu in other ways entices you, Hans Hedemann also offers a variety of canoe tours, a bike and hike excursion and waterman adventures, as well. (Waterman is a term used to describe a person who makes their way of life with the water and implies a certain level of knowledge and experience.) Below is just a taste of everything they have to offer.
- Take the kids on a wonderful canoe adventure designed with them in mind. Professionally trained and certified North Shore guides will take you and your children exploring in an outrigger canoe on the Keiki Waterman Tour.
- If exploring the aquatic beauty of Oahu sounds like fun, book the Honu Canoe Cruising Tour and explore the aquatic beauty of Oahu. This adventure will have you on the lookout for Hawaiian green sea turtles, Honu, and other Island sea life on an outrigger canoe.
- Learn about the natural history of Diamond Head on the Bike & Hike Tour. As you ascend the incredible slopes of Diamond Head, your guide will give you the history of the area and introduce you to the natural beauty of this famous volcano. Lunch is provided on this trip.